Skip to main content

Are You A Make-up Person? πŸ’„πŸ’…πŸΎ



When I was a teenager and literally hit thirteen, I couldn’t wait to wear make-up. I wanted to appear older than what I actually was. For me, back then, (way, way, way back) I would only wear eye liner, black of course, and lipstick. My skin was flawless honey! I had my first child at seventeen and my second child fours later. Beautifying myself on a daily basis had not been on my must do list. My regimen was very basic. Ponytail, moisturizer for my face and Vaseline for my lips. BASIC. I would maybe, only maybe, wear lipstick if I went out with friends which wasn’t very often. Needless to say I gave very little regard to my appearance because I felt it wasn’t necessary and my husband didn’t seem to mind. Over time I began to grow curious of what I would look like with my face made up but soon reject the idea and talk myself out of it claiming it took too long to apply, or it would get on clothes or be too heavy for my face. So a few months back my curiosity resurrected and so this time my husband suggested allowing a professional do my face and see how I liked it. So we went. I loved it! It wasn’t too much or overwhelming. The make-up artist gave me a natural look with minimum products to use once I got home. Easy peasy. I shortly began to watch my favorite You Tube stars do tutorials and product reviews and would sit in front of a mirror and practice. I began purchasing products and tools adding more to my collection. I am now a fan and totally enjoy doing something for me again. I shared a forty second video on my You Tube channel. Check it out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Hair Movement????

I was a little black girl with long, thick and course hair. My mother had no idea how to maintain my hair nor how to keep it healthy. Like most mothers in our community she resorted to the “Creamy Crack” which is to say that she chemically relaxed my hair with products designed to straighten the hair of little black girls with unmanageable tresses. I was nine years old when my mother relaxed my hair for the first time. The chemicals took to my hair like a charm because it’s witch craft you know. I digress. My hair was the smoothest it has ever been and the straightening agent elongated my hair and gave me a look of ( Do you have Indian in your family??) and extra attention from various people. I was pretty, as said by many. What was I before? Needless to say this hair regimen became routine and a way of life for me. It also began a road to damaging hair and scalp issues. If one iota of new hair growth peeped through, I knew it was time to set in motion acquiring my “hair fix”,...

It’ s Wonderful Life 🀷🏾‍♀️

2:04 a.m. 8 days until Christmas. Mixed emotions over here. Christmas is my favorite holiday don’t get me wrong, it’s just that along with the joy the spirit of the holiday also includes a host melancholy clouds. The spirit of the this holiday serves as a reminder of loved ones lost. My mom was a huge Christmas enthusiast (especially for her grandchildren). Bells and whistles yada, yada, yada. My sister and I struggled through out the years to keep my mom’s tradition going but have failed miserably. This Christmas will mark seventeen years since our mother’s passing and I can honestly count on one hand how often we would come together to celebrate. Seriously, one hand. In eight days we will attempt to rediscover and reunite with our families without the excuses of having to work on said holiday or going to in-laws houses. We will make every effort to preserve this time of the year and create more memories and reveal past ones to our offspring. There will be no certain standard ju...

Mid-Life Crisis!?!

What is a Midlife Crisis? Google defines a “crisis” as -a time of difficulty, trouble, or danger. It also defines it as -a time when a difficult or important decision must be made. Hummm? When I turned forty a few years back, I had my first semi- mid life crisis. Because of my obesity I never thought I’d live to be forty. I was a grandmother at Thirty-Eight years old and my second grandchild at Forty. I went into a depressed existence a few times a year. I began to equate  getting old as feeling old. I was feeling like I should be waiting on my golden years. I wasn’t living my life as I ought to have been. I was a mom and housewife and that’s all I knew how to be. A year ago I had another “Midlife Crisis” but it was Googles other definition of an important decision needed to be made. I wanted to LIVE and not only live but live for ME! I decided that my semi empty nest afforded me to finally live my OWN life unapologetically. I wanted better health, to travel, explore dif...