I was a little black girl with long, thick and course hair. My mother had no idea how to maintain my hair nor how to keep it healthy. Like most mothers in our community she resorted to the “Creamy Crack” which is to say that she chemically relaxed my hair with products designed to straighten the hair of little black girls with unmanageable tresses. I was nine years old when my mother relaxed my hair for the first time. The chemicals took to my hair like a charm because it’s witch craft you know. I digress. My hair was the smoothest it has ever been and the straightening agent elongated my hair and gave me a look of ( Do you have Indian in your family??) and extra attention from various people. I was pretty, as said by many. What was I before? Needless to say this hair regimen became routine and a way of life for me. It also began a road to damaging hair and scalp issues. If one iota of new hair growth peeped through, I knew it was time to set in motion acquiring my “hair fix”,...
Hey Guys!!! ππΎ Welcome to my blog. I will be revealing pieces of my mind and heart ♥️ through this blog. I will be sharing my views, ideas, rants and opinions on various topics. Stay awhile and let’s get to know one another π€
Comments
Post a Comment